It’s approaching that time of the week again to start thinking about what you can do with your Friday night. At last – a light at the end of the dark, dark tunnel that is the working week.
But what will it be? Down the pub again for a few pints or off to see that uninspired band of your mates?
Or how about taking advantage of the fact that this Friday 13 is Light Night, that one night arts extravaganza that sees venues across the city throw open their doors late into the night.
With so many events to cater for all tastes, even the most committed culture vulture might struggle to make the most of the evening’s cultural feast – so here’s a few suggestions.
• Take a nocturnal tour around Tate Liverpool’s free collection. Open late into the night, the gallery also plays host to musical experiments from a.P.A.t.T in response to Tate Collection exhibition Sculpture: The Physical World.
Tate Liverpool, Albert Dock
• Fancy a bit of local colour? The Radical Route walking tour provides an illuminating insight into the city’s rich history of radicalism and protest.
Tour starts at St. George’s Hall Plateau, 5:30pm
• The Behind the Scenes Tour at The Royal Standard provides a sneaky peak at why this prestigious institution enjoys a reputation as one of the world’s top 50 artist-led studios.
Royal Standard, Vauxhall Business Centre, Vauxhall Road
• It’s Friday night, so you’re still going to want to get your freak on, right? Liverpool Carnival Company provides the solution in an early taster from their Brazilica Festival – due to hit Liverpool in July – offering samba drumming and dance classes for all the family!
Across the city from 9pm
• Darkness in Light: A Very Superstitious After Party does exactly what it says on the tin. Featuring DJs Ben Power & CMWMSMDM it’s the perfect way to round off the evening in style.
From 10pm, CUC Liverpool, Greenland Street, Baltic Triangle
See the full Light Night list at www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk
© 2010 - 2013 Sevenstreets.com | All rights reserved